COLLABORATIONS / REVIEWS, FAITH, HOME, THOUGHTS

February 20, 2017

Sneak Peek Of Our Maine Home

It’s been almost two weeks since I moved to Maine.
Going from a three bedroom house to a small two bedroom apartment (that was already furnished with Eddie’s things) has been an interesting challenge. When packing up my home in Charleston I tried to be intentional about what I was bringing to our new home and what I was leaving behind for when we come back.
In the midst of all the chaos of boxes and piles of stuff I needed to find a small corner to put together something that was not only functional but pretty. Nightly I’ve found myself putting a small drop of this lavender oil on the base of my neck to help me still my thoughts. This newlywed season is a time for developing a foundation that will continue to strengthen us and propel us forward. Eddie & I are trying to implement a habit of prayer before we go to bed every night, his work schedule is so unpredictable that some mornings he is out of the door before 5am and doesn’t get home until 10pm. In order for us to connect and pray over each others days the only time we can really depend on is our evenings.

Evenings have never been super special to me. I am definitely more of a morning bird and find that I am naturally more intentional with my mornings than I ever have ben with my evenings. Now that i’m in a new city and I’m lacking friendships and scheduled events…my evenings have become much more calm and routine. I’m making it a point to find beauty in that routine and to really set my evenings up like I try to set my mornings – for success.

How do you unwind from your days?
Do you have any nightly routines you could share with me, because I would LOVE to hear them!

hat | gold dish c/o | rings | bannerbody oil | candle

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1. Victoria @ Through * For * By

February 20th, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Hey!!! Love this little corner and the way it brings extra beauty to your evening. 🙂

I have always been BOTH night owl and early bird. My favorite night time routine is settling into the couch at some point after dinner. The day’s chores are done and the process of turning my mind off begins. I also love taking my time before bed. The simple tasks of washing my face, brushing my teeth, putting on lotion, etc….It’s a little chunk of time that is to me what a nice hot bath is to other people. Oh…And a quick evening tidy makes a huge difference!

2. amurray

February 20th, 2017 at 6:12 pm

YES to that quick evening tidy! I am trying to re-work that into my daily schedule too!
    I definitely love myself a hot bath (it’s something new i’ve begun to love) so i’m all for those small chunks of time that help us unwind!

3. Stacia | Pretty Poppy Peony

February 20th, 2017 at 7:06 pm

I love this little corner! Nightly routines are really helpful for setting me up to get a good night’s rest. Michael and I have alarms set on our phones for 9pm every evening so that we can wrap up any projects we were working on and spend an hour before bed doing something intentional together. We like to vary the activity depending on how our energy and stress levels have been that day, but the point is to be off our phones and intentionally nourishing our relationship. It’s so helpful!

4. amurray

February 20th, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Man oh man i REALLY like the idea of setting a timer and being intentional about shutting stuff down.

5. Elizabeth Mayberry

February 21st, 2017 at 5:21 am

I am a night owl. I can’t help it. 😉

But I love routines. I am trying to be better about my morning one. Wake up. Drink coffee. Spend time in the word. and slooowly start working by 10 😉

6. amurray

February 21st, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Girl you do your night owl ways! I love it!!
    I’m allllllll about some routine and i love yours – seriously.
    I’ve got to find a schedule that works for me…it will take some getting used to for sure!

7. Catherine Short

February 21st, 2017 at 7:10 pm

I love your new layout and your new corner.

8. amurray

February 21st, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Thanks Catherine! <3
    It was a lot of work (and still has some tweaking) but im super happy!

9. Amanda

February 24th, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Such a lovely little corner and it’s great you guys are making prayer together a habit.

10. amurray

February 24th, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Thanks Amanda!
    I really want to form good foundation habits within our marriage.

11. Taking Steps HomeLinks I Love - Taking Steps Home

February 28th, 2017 at 10:48 pm

[…] Eddie taught me all about small moments of beauty. + You can see a sneak peek of our Maine home. + Y’all, take some time for […]